[Asterisk-Users] Is it mandatory to give power supplytoTDM400Pcard

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Thu Aug 11 07:58:02 MST 2005

Jonathan k. Creasy wrote:

> The only thing I can think of is that since the card supports 3.3v or 5v
> PCI slots that maybe on a 3.3v slot it requires the other connection all
> the time because it really does need the 5v and is just not picky about
> where it comes from.

No, that is not correct. The +5V power pin on the Molex connector is not
even wired to anything on the board, it is completely ignored.

As the others have already said, the FXO modules do not use the +12V
power feed at all. The TDM400P with only FXO modules installed works
just fine without the auxiliary power connector connected to a power supply.