[Asterisk-Users] USB handset wanted

Joseph tech at ekn.com
Thu Aug 11 05:45:06 MST 2005

On Thu, 2005-08-11 at 09:29 +0200, Ondrej Valousek wrote:
> Matt,
>
> You have forgotten the ringer.
> In fact, I don't care that much about LCD & buttons. I want to use it
> with something like X-lite.
> Initially, I used machine builtin soundcard with X-Lite (worked well)
> but then I realized that if the phone is supposed to compete with the
> standard analog phone, it must have a working ringer.
>
>  From what I see I suppose that every handset with builtin ringer must
> be recongized to the OS as 2 USB soundcards - one for speaker/mike, the
> second as a ringer.
> But I could be wrong.
>
> Our company is completely linux based and If I manage, it will have a
> linux based PBX as well (nothing against Windows, though).

With initial testing, it seems like the USB-CS50 from Plantronics should
work. Not sure how you would go about doing the ringer part, but if they
have the headset on, they could here it.

Using the sound card of your system, radio shack sells a switch device
to either send the sound to your headset or to your speakers. It makes
it easy to change back and forth.

--
respectfully, Joseph