[Asterisk-Users] Addendum to my post re: BrookTrout TR1034 T.38

Darren Nickerson darren.nickerson at ifax.com
Wed Aug 10 19:54:42 MST 2005

The TR1034 boards are capable of being a t.38 endpoint using either SIP or
H323. You still need a gateway, and Asterisk don't doo dat (presently).
Brooktrout's t.38 implementation is interop tested with Cisco gateways
mainly - we're testing in-house using a TNT but it's early days yet.

Note that the t.38 capability of these boards isn't useful unless you have
software that implements their SDK, and in particular enables the t.38
features. Several vendors have fax software products that activate the
TR1034's t.38 support, but I don't think that's what you were looking for
here.

-d