[Asterisk-Users] Realtime + MYSQL

Nathan Alberti na at nathanalberti.com
Thu Aug 11 06:20:36 MST 2005

I'm having a few issues with the MySQL realtime configuration in
CVS-HEAD. I tested it initially with realtime extensions (realtime_ext
=> mysql,asterisk,extensions) and a realtime switch in extensions.conf
and that works fine, So I though I'd go back and test a static
configuration mapping.

I used the table structure from the asterisk guru postgres howto to
create something similar in MySQL (shown below) and included the
following in extconfig;

voicemail.conf => mysql,asterisk,voicemail_users

The result is that app_voicemail fails to load and it appears from the
debug that it is not happy with the table structure... however the names
it has for the fields seem strange (to me that is :))

If anyone has gone through the process of creating the correct tables in
MySQL and doesn't mind sharing I would be most appreciative.

Regards,

Nathan.

####MySQL Table####
CREATE TABLE voicemail_users (
id int NOT NULL auto_increment,
customer_id varchar(255) NOT NULL default '0',
context varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',
mailbox varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',
password varchar(4) NOT NULL default '0',
fullname varchar(50) NOT NULL default '',
email varchar(50) NOT NULL default '',
pager varchar(50) NOT NULL default '',
stamp datetime NOT NULL default '0000-00-00 00:00:00',
PRIMARY KEY  (`id`)
);
#######

####res_mysql.conf####
[general]
dbhost = localhost
dbname = asterisk
dbuser = asterisk
dbpass = ********
dbport = 3306
dbsock = /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock
####

####Debug Log####
Aug 11 01:16:23 DEBUG[1028] res_config_mysql.c: MySQL RealTime: Static
SQL: SELECT category, var_name, var_val, cat_metric FROM voicemail_users
WHERE filename='voicemail.conf' and commented=0 ORDER BY filename,
cat_metric desc, var_metric asc, category, var_name, var_val, id
Aug 11 01:16:23 DEBUG[1028] res_config_mysql.c: MySQL RealTime:
Everything is fine.
Aug 11 01:16:23 DEBUG[1028] res_config_mysql.c: MySQL RealTime: Query:
SELECT category, var_name, var_val, cat_metric FROM voicemail_users
WHERE filename='voicemail.conf' and commented=0 ORDER BY filename,
cat_metric desc, var_metric asc, category, var_name, var_val, id
Aug 11 01:16:23 DEBUG[1028] res_config_mysql.c: MySQL RealTime: Query
Failed because: Unknown column 'category' in 'field list'
####