[Asterisk-Users] PRI dropped calls w/ asterisk dropped between pstn & norstar

Gary Reuter gary.reuter at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 17:50:50 MST 2005

Hi,
I dropped an asterisk server with a TE405P between a Norstar Meridian
PBX and it's PRI PSTN connection.  Everything seemed to work fine
using a pass-thru-type dialplan configuration... except now we've
realised that outbound calls to celphones get dropped upon connect,
but not on every call (almost always the first try, but not the
second).  All other calls to non-celphones had no problems at all.
I've had to reconnect the legacy PBX directly to the PSTN because it
was too much of a problem.
Asterisk was simply passing calls on one side to the other.  The 'pri
debug span' and regular logging doesn't appear have anything unusual
or obvious.  Limited testing could not reproduce the problem when
calling from a SIP-phone out through the same PRI.
The only things I can think of are not having 'transfer=no' anywhere
in my zapata.conf (although none of the docs indicate this applies to
a PRI), or having set the wrong switch type (set to dms100 when I
maybe should have set national).

I'm hoping someone else has encountered this and has a 'quick' fix or
explanation, or can at least suggest what I should be looking for
specifically in the pri debug output.

Thanks,

-Gary