[Asterisk-Users] First PRI

Wiley Siler wsiler at education2020.com
Wed Aug 10 17:29:50 MST 2005

Excellent info everyone.  Thank you!!

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of jj
Sent: Tuesday, August 09, 2005 2:44 PM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] First PRI

Use NI2 anytime it is availabel. It will deliver calling name. NI1 will
only deliver calling number. Also most COs will support NI2 with no
tweaks much better than NI1 or any of the others.

NI1 was created to solve configuration issues between systems. did a
pretty good job. But as new features were added and more knowledge
gained NI2 came into being. If memory serves there is a 3 coming/
rumored??

On Aug 9, 2005, at 9:25 AM, Tom Hayden wrote:

> They let you chose your protocol? Nice guys, I've never been asked -
> just told. I don't know any major advantages between the different
> signalling formats, though, I don't think there really are any major
> differences. I've had no problems with ni1 and ni2 with Asterisk.
>
> --
> Tom Hayden
> Astoria Telecom, LLC
> www.astoriatelecom.net
>

> On 8/9/05, Wiley Siler <wsiler at education2020.com> wrote:
>

>> Hello All,
>>
>> I am getting my first PRI installed in a couple of weeks and I wanted

>> to ask for a little advice.  I have a single span Digium card I will
>> be using for the install.
>>
>> Id there a benefit to which protocol I use?  When asked, I told them
>> to set it up as NI2. The PRI is through MCI and will be used for
>> local and long distance with DIDs and features like CallerID, etc.
>>
>> Any advice would be appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks!
>> Wiley

> --