[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk scaling with agent channels

asterisk at nfonix.com asterisk at nfonix.com
Wed Aug 10 11:14:21 MST 2005

Hi,

Is anyone is able to advise me on whether asterisk is up to supporting
around 120 IAX channels with 60 of those being agent channels?

We have a few deployments of our call centre application but have lately
been having some trouble with our most recent project (using CVS head and
the new Q.Sig support) with agent queues and deadlocking. We do perform a
lot of queue operations mostly adding and removing queue members
dynamically.

Is this the typical experience or can anyone confirm that they have
successfully used asterisk with a large number of IAX and agent channels?
Recommendations/tips or things to watch out for when deploying asterisk on
larger scales would also be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Sam