[Asterisk-Users] Numeric Pagers & Voicemail

Tom Rymes trymes at rymesheating.com
Wed Aug 10 08:42:03 MST 2005

I have looked at the wiki and the list archives and I haven't found
anything specifically addressing this problem, so here goes:

We are using asterisk voicemail to page users (on-call personnel) when a
message is received. However, we only have numeric pagers, not
alpha-numeric. If I send an e-mail message that has no subject line and
has the number I want to appear in the numeric pager display, it comes
through properly. Does anyone know how I can modify the message that
asterisk sends to pager addresses? (Preferably on a per-mailbox basis,
but I'm not getting greedy....)

Tom