[Asterisk-Users] Need some statistics & facts

Andrew Latham lathama at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 20:02:58 MST 2005

> 1. How many phone lines are currently in this world (I estimate 800
> billion analog lines)

Good Guess for service lines, you would need a messurement of length
for all lines.

> 2. How many data lines are currently in this world (I estimate 1 billion)

Same as above, I would go a lot higher on my guess. (ADA, Security systems)

> 3. what is the forcast of 1 & 2 ? When will it swap?

When will they become the same medium?

> 4. How many PBX are in use? I guess that a part will be extended with
> FXO to the Interent. Some will be replaced at all, because of missing
> features.

This is an interesting question that could be answered by reading
finacial statements for most PBX makers in the past 20 years and
drawing the graph.

> 5. Which countries favour VoIP? Which countries forbid VoIP?

Emerging countries mainly, and any that would be rebuilding. It is not
which countries forbid VOIP but which ones allow monopolies.

> Where are the cheapest / best ADSL lines available?
> Hongkong, Korea, Japan    is my guess

How do you price free.... SDSL or XDSL is what I want and that would
be the best.