[Asterisk-Users] Console Auto-Completion Lockup

Robert Christian robert at composite-tech.com
Tue Aug 9 17:07:42 MST 2005

An interesting bug..

It may be more wide-spead than this, and there may be other ways to
reproduce it.but this is how I can produce the problem:

At the console, I type "iax2 show peer jc" and press tab to auto-complete
the peer "jcallen" that is usually registered.  But sometimes (perhaps when
jcallen is not registered), the auto-complete locks up.  Asterisk continues
to function, but the console is locked up.  If I terminate the console
application and reconnect, it works again - except that it continues to lock
up any time I do ANY auto-complete.  I can type "sh" and hit tab and the
console is locked.  In fact, I can type anything (command or error) after
the initial lockup and reconnecting, and it just ignores me and issues a new
"*CLI>" prompt.  This includes "restart now", "stop now", etc.  Killing
(*gulp*) the main asterisk process and restarting it seems to be the only
way I can correct this.

(There is not a question in this message.  It's just meant to be
informative.)

- Robert