[Asterisk-Users] Build on Itanium fails

Dave Cotton dcotton at linuxautrement.com
Tue Aug 9 13:09:24 MST 2005

On Tue, 2005-08-09 at 13:55 -0600, Jonas Arndt wrote:

> I will do that. I think you are missing the point here though. If a
> program would SegFault from missing conf files, it would be a HUGE
> bug.

Why is it a _huge_ bug? The software _will not_ run without it's config
files in place. This is clearly stated in the make cycle. Must the
programers put a check in every time to help those who want to try their
own method?

> The problem I am facing is most likely due to my plattform.

>From reading this thread I doubt it.

> As they have build Debian packages for Itanium I was hoping that
> somebody would have experience with compiling on Itanium and could
> give me some pointers.

A maker of plastic model kits found many cases where people could not
put the model together, they simply said "If your method doesn't succeed
kindly read our instructions"

--
Dave Cotton <dcotton at linuxautrement.com>