[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk to PSTN

JP Carballo jplc at nf2x.com
Tue Aug 9 11:25:46 MST 2005

Edwin Lam wrote:

> hi folks.
>
> i'm planning to connect * to 120 POTS line. i've done some research
> on FXO cards but unfortunately most manufacturers only make 4 ports/card.
> the most i've found is 12 ports. so do i have to get 10 of these cards
> and setup 3 Asterisk servers (assuming each have 4 free PCI slots) link
> them together with some insane dialplan? or is there an easier way?
>
> any suggestions? comments? remarks? parameters?
> thx.

Get a T1/E1 card. They come in 4 port (TE4xxP series) and 1 port
(TE110P) flavors.
You then connect each of those ports to a 24 FXO port channel bank.

So, to do the math, get a 4-port card and a 1-port card taking up only 2
PCI slots.
You attach 5 24-port channel banks to them.
And no, you don't need to punch a gaping hole in your wall snaking 120
phone lines into your office.

I'm sure there are better scenarios than this.
I just scaled up a setup I have.

--
JP Carballo

http://www.netfone2x.com
Bringing the world closer.

It might look like I'm doing nothing, but at the cellular level, I'm really quite busy.