[Asterisk-Users] IAX TO IAX call between two registered servers

John Millican john at millican.us
Tue Aug 9 10:40:38 MST 2005

> [snipping]
>
> >  I get the following message on home:
> > Aug  8 18:31:03 WARNING[20598]: chan_iax2.c:6820 socket_read:
> > Call rejected by
> > 69.xxx.xxx.xxx: No authority found
> >
> > and get this message on away
> > Aug  8 18:32:42 NOTICE[16923]: chan_iax2.c:5448 socket_read:
> > Rejected connect attempt from 165.xxx.xxx.xxx
> >
> > home iax.conf
> > [away]
> > type=peer
> > username=away
> > auth=plaintext
> > secret=xxxxxxxxx
> > host=dynamic
> > context=pap2
> > dissallow=all
> > allow=ulaw
>
> [more snipping]
>
> > away iax.conf
> > [home]
> > type=peer
> > user=home
> > secret=xxxxxxxxx
> > host=dynamic
> > context=default
> >
> > [home-in]
> > type=user
> > username=home
> > secret=xxxxxxxxx
> > context=default
>
> [final snipping]
>
> > any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
> > Thank you,
> > John M
>
> OK, I think your problem is simple, at least I hope so ;-)
>
> Specifically, I think you have the wrong syntax in your Dial
> command. You are dialing:
>
> "exten => _998, 1, Dial(IAX2/xxxxxxxxx:home at away);"
When i did iax2 debug the above dial string placed the correct username where
it should be.  the wiki (I thought) said that dial should be
Dial(technology/password:username at machine_to_be_called) I will have to check
again.

> The above says (to me) to use channel IAX2, username=xxxxxxxxx,
> password=home, in context away (in the local iax.conf).
>
> I doubt that's what you want! I think you want to dial extension
> xxxxxxxxx, with username home (or remote context home, which isn't
> place to put it), at local context away.
>
> So, change your Dial string to:
>
> exten => _998, 1, Dial(IAX2/home at away/xxxxxxxxx);
>
> That might fail too, for the following reasons:
>
> In your Dial command, you are specifying user "home", calling via
> your context "away" (in home's iax.conf). So far, so good.
>
> However, in the "away" context (on home's machine), you are
> setting the username to "away". There is no context "away" in the
> iax.conf on the away machine. Perhaps (I'm not sure), the
> username=away is the line that will interfere with your
> authorization (after making the change to the Dial command as
> noted above).
>
> Two suggestions:
>
> 1) Delete the line that says "username=away" in the away context
> in the iax.conf on home.
>
> 2) Change it to be "username=home" (in which case you can change
> your Dial command to be just IAX2/away/XXXXXXX

Thank You 1 and 2 did the trick worked and can now make unauthenticated calls
at least.