[Asterisk-Users] IAX TO IAX call between two registered servers

Hadar Pedhazur hadar at unorthodox.com
Tue Aug 9 06:23:37 MST 2005

John Millican wrote:

[snipping]

>  I get the following message on home:
> Aug  8 18:31:03 WARNING[20598]: chan_iax2.c:6820 socket_read:
> Call rejected by
> 69.xxx.xxx.xxx: No authority found
>
> and get this message on away
> Aug  8 18:32:42 NOTICE[16923]: chan_iax2.c:5448 socket_read:
> Rejected connect attempt from 165.xxx.xxx.xxx
>
> home iax.conf
> [away]
> type=peer
> username=away
> auth=plaintext
> secret=xxxxxxxxx
> host=dynamic
> context=pap2
> dissallow=all
> allow=ulaw

[more snipping]

> away iax.conf
> [home]
> type=peer
> user=home
> secret=xxxxxxxxx
> host=dynamic
> context=default
>
> [home-in]
> type=user
> username=home
> secret=xxxxxxxxx
> context=default

[final snipping]

> any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
> Thank you,
> John M

OK, I think your problem is simple, at least I hope so ;-)

Specifically, I think you have the wrong syntax in your Dial
command. You are dialing:

"exten => _998, 1, Dial(IAX2/xxxxxxxxx:home at away);"

The above says (to me) to use channel IAX2, username=xxxxxxxxx,
password=home, in context away (in the local iax.conf).

I doubt that's what you want! I think you want to dial extension
xxxxxxxxx, with username home (or remote context home, which isn't
place to put it), at local context away.

So, change your Dial string to:

exten => _998, 1, Dial(IAX2/home at away/xxxxxxxxx);

That might fail too, for the following reasons:

In your Dial command, you are specifying user "home", calling via
your context "away" (in home's iax.conf). So far, so good.

However, in the "away" context (on home's machine), you are
setting the username to "away". There is no context "away" in the
iax.conf on the away machine. Perhaps (I'm not sure), the
username=away is the line that will interfere with your
authorization (after making the change to the Dial command as
noted above).

Two suggestions:

1) Delete the line that says "username=away" in the away context
in the iax.conf on home.

2) Change it to be "username=home" (in which case you can change
your Dial command to be just IAX2/away/XXXXXXX