[Asterisk-Users] Multiple MWI on a single phone?

Chris Hirsch chris at base2technology.com
Tue Aug 9 09:12:37 MST 2005

myotheremail at netacc.net wrote:

> We use the GXP-2000 and it works quite well.
>
> When you program the buttons to the individual lines, the message
> waiting light will light when any of the lines have a message waiting.
> When you press a line button, if there is a message waiting on that
> line, you will get stutter dial tone as well as a text message
> indicating the number of new messages waiting...
>
> I've been really pleased with these units.

Ok, thats kinda how I thought it would work. So there is no way to
visually indicate on the phone (ie turn on a LED) besides the dedicated
MWI LED for each mailbox that has a message? Say I have a phone that I
want to show 3 mailboxes. What I would like is to have three individual
LEDS that show the status of each mailbox. Is there any phone out there
that will do that? I've heard that the Cisco's will but those are
expensive and you have to sell your soul to Cisco :-)

Chris