[Asterisk-Users] Echo during begining of incoming calls

Ben Johnson bjohnson_mpc at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 9 07:22:38 MST 2005

I am having a problem with echo during the begining of incoming phone calls
on our TDM04B.  The echo is only noticable on our end and will eventually go
away.  It is also noteworthy to mention that during the day incoming calls
ring 3 phones first before going into an automated menu system.  If we
answer the call immediately, the echo is present.  If we wait until the call
goes through the menu system, enough time has elapsed that the echo is not a
problem.  The problem doesn't occur when we dial out or when a call is
connected through our VOIP provider.

I have tried modifing the gain, echo cancel, and echo training values
without resolving the problem.  Everything I have read in the wiki and
of the issue.  Any other suggestions on how to get this resolved?

Thanks
Ben