[Asterisk-Users] Help interpreting channel stats?

Scott Bussinger scottb at opto-pps.com
Mon Aug 8 16:54:19 MST 2005

Could someone please look at this information and help me decipher what it
should actually mean to me? I've found a bit of information here and there
but I'd like to know what I'm supposed to be reading into this information:

pbx*CLI> iax2 show channels
Channel               Peer             Username    ID (Lo/Rem)  Seq (Tx/Rx)
Lag      Jitter  JitBuf  Format
IAX2/teliax-4         208.139.204.228  opto-pps    00004/00014  00037/00039
00040ms  0004ms  0063ms  g729
1 active IAX channel(s)

pbx*CLI> iax2 show netstats
                                -------- LOCAL ---------------------
Channel                    RTT  Jit  Del  Lost   %  Drop  OOO  Kpkts  Jit
Del  Lost   %  Drop  OOO  Kpkts
IAX2/teliax-4              104    5   62   213   0    30    1     88    0
40     0   0     0    0      0
1 active IAX channel(s)

I assume that the lost packets and drop packets are the key numbers here and
at least partially explain the audio quality issues we're seeing. Are the
other numbers OK? Why are almost all the remote numbers 0?

Thanks!