[Asterisk-Users] Caller ID Info from Cisco router to Asterisk

Stefan Gofferje stefan at gofferje.homelinux.org
Mon Aug 8 07:31:02 MST 2005

> Dear Asterisk Gurus:

>         Are Cisco routers able to pass caller ID information (from
> PRI T1) to Asterisk when using SIP?
>
> I've done some reasonable searching of the archives and the wiki.
> I've found some good examples of Cisco configurations, but most
> examples relate to FXO ports (and most of the FXO ports are of the
> variety that do not support caller ID).  I was not able to find a
> definitive answer to this question when using PRI for inbound calls.

Well, I'm not an asterisk Guru but I'm fairly good with Cisco stuff...

If you have a CCM (Callmanager), you also use a router as gateway. As the
IP-phones wich are managed by the CCM DO display incoming caller-id, I
suppose, the router is capable of relaying that information. However, the
connection between the router and the CCM is usually realized with h.323.

When you take those information and look at them logically, I think, you
have quite a good chance that you will get your caller-ids. Either the
router relays them via SIP or you take one of the h.323 channels for
asterisk.

Anyway, my question is, why don't you use a T1-card for your asterisk. I
suppose, a T1-card from Digium is MUCH less expensive than a big Cisco with
a Cisco T1-card...

Regards,
Stefan

--
 (o_   Stefan Gofferje            | SCLT
 //\   Reg'd Linux User #247167   | VCP #2263