[Asterisk-Users] Caller ID Info from Cisco router to Asterisk

Bojan Jeremic bjeremic at checkfactor.com
Mon Aug 8 10:21:41 MST 2005

Have you resolved this issue,
I have a friend who has a solution that involves using autocreatepeer in
sip.conf.
I don't like that solution for the obvious security reasons, however I don't
know a better one.
Please, let me know if you know of a different solution and if you want me
to forward you the setup with autocreatepeer.

Boyan

Dear Asterisk Gurus:

Our county is finally ready to begin implementing IP telephony.  We intend
to use a Cisco router as our PSTN gateway and Asterisk as our soft switch.
The plan is to use SIP between the Cisco router and Asterisk.  We will have
a single PRI T1 connected to the Cisco router for PSTN access.  My question
is this:

        Are Cisco routers able to pass caller ID information (from PRI T1)
to Asterisk when using SIP?

I've done some reasonable searching of the archives and the wiki.  I've
found some good examples of Cisco configurations, but most examples relate
to FXO ports (and most of the FXO ports are of the variety that do not
support caller ID).  I was not able to find a definitive answer to this
question when using PRI for inbound calls.

I'm grateful for any assistance in answering this question.

Thanks.

--
Tony Kava
Senior Network Administrator