[Asterisk-Users] list of T.38 providers on wiki: please contribute

Adam Megacz adam at megacz.com
Sun Aug 7 14:29:10 MST 2005

> Please excuse my ignorance but doesn't the VOIP/PSTN gateway
> (Broadvoice,VP Connect) have to support T38 in order for an T38
> supported ATA to do any good ?

Yes.  BroadVox supports it.  I've started a wiki page to track
providers who do, mainly because such providers are so hard to find,
and the available information out there can be so misleading and
unreliable:

  http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=VOIP+Service+Providers+T.38

Currently even providers that *do* offer T.38 rarely advertise that
fact on their website (for example, I can't find anything about T.38
on BroadVox's site, and "we support faxing" is meaningless).  I've
heard rumors that Packet8 and SunRocket support T.38, but I'd like
confirmation (and, specifically, confirmation that it can be made to
work with some freely-available software package that I can script
into some form of crude cooperation with asterisk).

I'd greatly appreciate any other entries; I'm still dreaming of a
pay-as-you-go IAX + T.38 provider (I'm guessing the T.38 would have to
run over H.323 or SIP, which is no problem).  First one to offer this
with a reasonable level of professionalism and reliability gets my
business and word-of-mouth advertising to all my clients.

What would be really great (hint, hint) would be if somebody would
just resell BroadVox this way -- they do PAYG if you buy "carrier
level" amounts of service.  Seems like easy money to me, especially if
you can get SIP reinvites working so you're not in the media path.

  - a