[Asterisk-Users] Can call from iax extn but cannot call it - unableto cteate channel iax

John Novack jnovack at stromberg-carlson.org
Sun Aug 7 12:50:47 MST 2005

brett at websmyths.com wrote:
<snip>

>I am not just picking on you Angus.  I do tend to read almost every
>message coming through the list and I get tired of reading all the questions that 5 minutes of reading the configuration files or searching the wiki (as out of date as it is) or even typing 'help' at the CLI prompt can remedy.
>
>Guess I'm just getting old...

Guess we all are, but that is better than the other choice.
Many of us read all the posts, and some of us really get tired of a
small number who continue to complain and write paragraphs on those who
aren't able to either find the information they need or understand it
when they do.
There is a large disparity between the beginner and those who have lived
with this camel ( Asterisk ) for months to years.
Help from the CLI leaves a LOT to be desired. The Wiki is either
correct, outdated, or wrong depending on which of the 1000 flavors of
Asterisk one happens to have settled on, usually because it mostly works
I could go on, but you get the idea.
If you can help, do so, as someone else did for this fellow in just a
few characters
If all you can do is berate someone else for not reading and
UNDERSTANDING, or assume they didn't find the answer in the bushels of
poorly organized sometimes correct information, then just move on to the

John Novack ( old fart )