[Asterisk-Users] Can call from iax extn but cannot call it - unableto cteate channel iax

brett at websmyths.com brett at websmyths.com
Sun Aug 7 10:55:33 MST 2005

On 8/7/2005, "Angus Comber" <angus at iteloffice.com> wrote:

> Then in my extensions.conf I have:
>
> exten => 300,1,Dial(IAX/${EXTEN},20)
> exten => 300,2,Hangup
>
> I can dial from iaxComm (a soft IAX client) and that works fine.  But
> when I try to dial 300 get:
>
> WARNING[22077]: channel.c1970 ast_request: No channel type registered
> for 'IAX'
> NOTICE[22077]: app_dial.c:777 dial_exec: Unable to create channel of
> type 'IAX'
>
> I have restarted Asterisk after config change.
>
> What have I not done.  I am just testing the iaxComm program.

You have not used a correct Technology in your dial command.

The 'show application dial' says:
Dial(Technology/resource[&Technology2/resource2...][|timeout][|options][|URL])

Technology is the chan_xxxx.so file loaded and resource is the defined in
the configuration file for the technology.

So either you need a chan_iax.so - OR - you need to READ the
extension.conf
file.  I have never seen a dial command like yours.  One that is VERY
close
is one like Dial(IAX2/${EXTEN},20)

I am not just picking on you Angus.  I do tend to read almost every
message
coming through the list and I get tired of reading all the questions that
5 minutes of reading the configuration files or searching the wiki (as out
of date as it is) or even typing 'help' at the CLI prompt can remedy.

Guess I'm just getting old...