[Asterisk-Users] Can call from iax extn but cannot call it - unable to cteate channel iax

Angus Comber angus at iteloffice.com
Sun Aug 7 10:15:19 MST 2005

Hello

I have created an iax exten in my iax.conf file:

[300]
type=friend
username=300
secret=***
context=default
host=dynamic
callerid="some name" <300>
auth=md5

Then in my extensions.conf I have:

exten => 300,1,Dial(IAX/${EXTEN},20)
exten => 300,2,Hangup

I can dial from iaxComm (a soft IAX client) and that works fine.  But when I
try to dial 300 get:

WARNING[22077]: channel.c1970 ast_request: No channel type registered for
'IAX'
NOTICE[22077]: app_dial.c:777 dial_exec: Unable to create channel of type
'IAX'

I have restarted Asterisk after config change.

What have I not done.  I am just testing the iaxComm program.

Angus