[Asterisk-Users] TDM400P - All extensions have same CallerID

Zachary Whitley mail at zacharywhitley.com
Sun Aug 7 10:10:15 MST 2005

> As you can see, the channels are set properly.  One thing I did notice is
> all of the ;;;;;;;;;; in front of the [ext] sections. Does that seem
> correct? I removed them and it didn't change anything. Other files that you
> would like to look at?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Mike

Looks a bit more complicated than it needs to be but I don't think
there's anything wrong with the zapata.conf (and friends). Anyone know
if modifying configuration files by hand breaks AMP? I'm assuming that
that AMP is going to expect a particular setup. The ';' is just a
comment character. Everything after a ; is a comment including the
other ;'s. the [xxx] I'm guessing is there just to let you know what
extension AMP is using for that channel. I think that it is very
confusing to use the configuration file syntax in comments. It makes it
hard to see what is a comment and what isn't but that's just my opinion.

I think the next thing to look at is the extensions.conf file.

> head wrapped around all of this. The good thing is once I know how to do it,
> I don't need to ask again.

Give a man a configuration and he'll make calls for a day. Teach a man
how to configure and he'll make calls for a lifetime ;)

I tried usinig AAH first too but found that it got you going with
something that sort of works quickly but then trying to work backwards
from a complex system was too difficult. There were too many confounding
variables. Is it A, is it B is it A and B....

I've found it easier to start with rpms. You don't have to worry about
compiling and installing the system and you get to start from a simple
state and work your way up.

There are many great sources of info but here are a few I've found
helpful:

This list
google
voip-info.org
asteriskdocs.org
VoIP Telephone with Asterisk by Paul Mahler
The sample config files included with asterisk. (Search for
<theConfigFileYouWantToCheckOut>.sample)

Please feel free to add to this list if you know any good sources of
documentation.