[Asterisk-Users] sip/rtp performance monitoring

James H. Thompson jht at lj.net
Sat Aug 6 15:00:33 MST 2005

If the customers are using an ATA or other VOIP device that supports RTCP, then you can often get packet loss and jitter stats by
extracting the RTCP packets and analyzing them.
This will actually give you the packet loss and jitter that the customer is seeing in the received RTP stream from you.
A combination of Tetheral and grep or perl can get you along way in capturing and analyzing this data.

Jim

James H. Thompson
jht at lj.net