[Asterisk-Users] How to test H.323

brett at websmyths.com brett at websmyths.com
Sat Aug 6 09:48:10 MST 2005

On 8/6/2005, "Frank Tarczynski" <ftarz at mindspring.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to set-up H.323 support under Asterisk.  I built a recent
> CVS release and the ooh323c code from the asterisk-addons.  Everything
> built and installed and the H.323 stuff loads OK when asterisk starts.
>
> What is the easiest way to check if the H.323 code is working?  I've
> edited the h323.conf and extensions.conf files but I'm sure that things
> aren't right.  I've tried connecting to my asterisk box via netmeeting
> but I'm having much success.  I don't know if my conf files are
> screwed-up or if ooh323c code isn't working.
>
> Can anyone help?

You should have some 'new' CLI commands if ooH323 got loaded.
h323 show config Show details on global configuration of H.323 channel
driver
h323 show peers	 Show defined H323 peers
h323 show peer	 Show details on specific H323 peer
h323 show users	 Show defined H323 users
h323 show user	 Show details on specific H323 user
h323 debug	 Enable H323 debugging
h323 no debug	 Disable H323 debugging

h323 conf is just about 'normal' except I did have to set the bindaddr
to my machines IP - localhost or 0.0.0.0 did not work.

[6633]
type=friend
context=default
ip=192.168.10.22   ; UPDATE with appropriate ip address
port=1720    ; UPDATE with appropriate port
h323id=6633
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
;allow=gsm
outgoinglimit=2
incominglimit=2
;e164=12345
rtptimeout=60
dtmfmode=rfc2833

I used a AT320 with the latest H323 firmware and it worked quite well.
I have never used NetMeeting so can't help you with that setup.

Brett