[Asterisk-Users] Switchboards

brent clements bcasterisktechlist at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 19:10:12 MST 2005

On the actual switchboard side of this, how would asterisk handle
this...going to a central person/extension as well as notifying that
person who is calling and what line they are calling on.

I have a customer right now who is hesitant to move to asterisk
because of the switchbaord situation.

Right now they have an executone which as a few t1's coming in. DID's
are assigned to customers. In the executone switchboard application
when a call comes in on a DID, the called party's(one of the
businesses in the building)  name shows up on a console and the
receptionist can answer and forward the call as normal.

I guess it's as easy as all of the DID's point to a single extension,
then in that extension's context we could have an agi script which
looks up the name associated with the did and display it some how.

Something to think about...anyone has suggestions?