ARTCP Project (was RE: [Asterisk-Users] Features you'd liketoseeina GUI?)

Sherwood McGowan madprofzero at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 5 11:28:48 MST 2005

The reason the system is going to be a linux distro is because it will be a
complete out of the box asterisk system ready to be installed. Just like
Asterisk at Home, only much much more integrated and having more features.

As far as Linux not being a popular server platform? Maybe I missed
something....
As I've said before, I'm sticking with what I know. I'm not looking to make
money, or even fame.

The system is a distro because it's supposed to be a distro. There will be a
release of just the management/user interface but the main project will be a
complete distro for installing and configuring a fullyfeatured stable
asterisk environment with all the modules that the interface connects to.

As far as using PHP, I know php, that's the point. There's no reason for the
project to be messy. There's several huge projects out there that are php
based and they're not messy at all. Zope is a python based CMS, but there's
also POSTNuke and PHPNuke, which are both solid CMS's as well...

I'll put it this way...We can go round and round and round on my choices of
language, project type, and system. There's no point to it.
What features do you want to see in the management aspect and/or the
asterisk system itself? Do you wish to contribute to the project as
specified? Those are the only questions at this point.

I appreciate the interest, but please stop trying to change my mind on the
project. It's not about money, success of the project, or fame. It's about
getting the idea out of my head and into a working system, and possibly
helping other people who might need it at the same time.

Cheers,
Sherwood McGowan