[Asterisk-Users] application doesn't dial out...

Paul Belanger pabelanger at codeslingers.ca
Thu Aug 4 19:17:04 MST 2005

How about posting the output from the console? version of asterisk,
zaptel, etc.

Also, have you checked out http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+cmd+Dial

<quote>
Return codes
If all the called channels are busy, Dial will exit with a return code
of 0 and will continue in the current context at priority n+101, if it
exists, where n is the priority of the Dial command. This allows you to
set up different behavior for a busy response as opposed to a no-answer
response.

If Dial was unable to place the call for some other reason, such as
timing out before any channel answered successfully, then Dial will exit
with a return code of 0 and execute the next higher priority (n+1) command.

If the g option is specified, and the called party hangs up before the
calling party, then Dial exits with a return code of 0 to continue
execution at priority n+1.

Dial returns -1 if the originating channel hangs up, or if the call is
bridged and either of the parties in the bridge terminate the call.
</quote>

Remember http://voip-info.org is your friend.