[Asterisk-Users] Features you'd like to see in a GUI?

snacktime snacktime at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 10:31:22 MST 2005

On 8/3/05, brent clements <bcasterisktechlist at gmail.com> wrote:
> There are so many asterisk management guis out there,some good, some
> not. I would suggest doing something different. I think there is a big
> need for a opensource virtual hosted pbx interface.  I think it would
> help out alot of the smaller ITSP's who are trying to get into the
> virtual hosted pbx market but don't have the money or resources to
> develop or purchase a commercial product.
>
> We paid somebody to do ours though, if there was an opensource version
>  when we were getting into this, we'd probably use it and also
> contribute.
>
> That's just my two cents.

You might take a look at http://asterisk.ochsnet.com.  It's a project
I started a couple of months back.  It can manage virtual hosting
under a single instance of asterisk by virtualizing all the
configuration files, as well as managing multiple instances of
asterisk.  It hasn't seen a lot of testing outside of our own
environment, but I'm happy to assist if there are any issues.  It's
BSD licensed.

Chris