[Asterisk-Users] Cisco ATA and a PayPhone

Mark Johnson asterisk at astroshapes.com
Wed Aug 3 12:28:05 MST 2005

I have an interesting problem.  I am attempting to install a payphone
utilizing a Cisco ATA-188.  The payphone actually works, but there are
some timing issues.  What happens is you pick up the payphone and the
ATA grabs a line and goes offhook.  While you monkey with putting money
in and dialing the number, you are eating up the time before you get the
offhook reorder tones (or howler tones I think).  If you can put the
money in and dial real fast, it works!!

I have been screwing with the ATA configs for days now and can't come up
with a way to extend the timeout or to even disable it.  Anyone have any
suggestions or could recommend another method?  FX ports may be an
option, but they are pretty far from where these phones are going to
go.  As always, thanks for any input!!

Mark