[Asterisk-Users] Re: two UA with the same usr/pwd

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Wed Aug 3 04:44:43 MST 2005

On Tuesday 02 August 2005 14:35, Michael D Schelin wrote:
> Rich is correct. Example: Night security guards may need to catch an
> inbound calls that could ring at more than one station. Maybe one is
> doing rounds and the other is at another desk off site. Sometimes call
> forwarding is too slow. There are many reasons why this could be used.

You haven't described a single scenario that would require the same
authentication information from two UAs.  Ringing multiple extensions would
solve all of them and there's no call forwarding involved.  Try again.

Example: This is how my personal DID gets to me:

exten => 2914574,1,Dial(${ANDREWHOME}&${BENSHAW}/${EXTEN},16,rT)
exten => 2914574,n,Dial(${ANDREWHOME}&${ANDREWCELL},16,rT)
exten => 2914574,n,VoiceMail(4574 at default,sua)
exten => 2914574,n,Macro(handle-hangup)

It rings my house and a private DID at my office simultaneously, then
continues ringing my house and also dials out a Zap channel to my cell,
finally dropping off to unavailable voicemail.

My home Asterisk server gets this call and dials
(Zap/1&Zap/2&Zap/3&IAX2/andrew-bt&SIP/xten) -- there are no delays and I can
pick up the call from any of those extensions.

-A.