[Asterisk-Users] Two questions about Asterisk Call Center

mattf mattf at vicimarketing.com
Wed Aug 3 04:32:39 MST 2005

Hello,

routing based on DNIS is dependant on what your telco sends you. Usually on
Robbed-bit T1s(RBS) they will send you ANI and DNIS together separated by
stars like this:
*7275551212*1234*
(where 7275551212 is the ANI[callerID] and 1234 is the DNIS[last 4 digits of
the number dialed])
In Asterisk this shows up all as the exten and you need *NXXNXXXXXX*1234 in
your dialplan.

If you have PRI T1s then you can usually receive both the CallerID and the
full 10-digit number dialed from the carrier and you will get the full
number dialed as the extension, so 8881231234 in your dialplan.

Collecting wrapup codes is another thing. This means you need a database for
the calls coming in and in case of Asterisk that means tinkering with the
code. There are several add-ons that add this functionality to Asterisk and
some of them cost money, just do a search for queues and agents in Asterisk
on google.

Or you could go with a package like Aheeva or VICIDIAL that have GUI
interfaces and allow you a great deal more interoperability with other
systems and the ability for the agent to enter more info.

MATT---