[Asterisk-Users] TFTP Secondary Ports

Chad Brown chad.brown at identitymine.com
Wed Aug 3 00:42:06 MST 2005

I understand. However, I'm successfully managing this without any
problems using a Windows tftp server by www.winagents.com
<http://www.winagents.com/> . This software allows you to limit
secondary transfer connections to a range of IPs. Therefore you only
need to open up port 69 and the range you specify. Everything just
works!

I would like to move the solution to Linux for a couple reasons.
However, It looks like the default tftp server does not support this
feature and that is why you were going crazy. The number of ports you
must open is ridiculous for tftp. However, I just found a seemingly
robust linux version with firewall support offered by weirdsolutions. It
looks promising. http://www.weirdsolutions.com/

Chad