[Asterisk-Users] what phones support this when running with asterisk

Tim Litwiller tim at litwiller.net
Tue Aug 2 21:25:17 MST 2005

I've been using * at home at my house for while and like it but for work
I didn't know the answers to these questions.

But now my new employer is wanting to upgrade a very old phone system
and wants to make sure our new system has some features
I've talked to him about using asterisk and he put this on the
"required"  options list.

a button with a  light for each incoming physical line and a button and
light for each user and the ability to transfer a call by pressing hold
and then that users button.

and on the "wants but not required" list
a way for each user to automatically have a call log and tapi (click to
dial) on windows xp desktops
a way to push a record button on the phone to record on demand.

I've looked thru the wiki and found some references to the tapi and
recording stuff but not conclusive how to's
and I haven't found much or anything on phones that support lights for
line - show busy and dnd(do not disturb)