[Asterisk-Users] Minimum CPU required for 60 calls

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Tue Aug 2 07:27:08 MST 2005

On Tuesday 02 August 2005 09:55, Adam Dobrin wrote:
> And as much as you dislike these kinds of questions; its unfortunate
> that the community doesn't have any good answers to them available--they
> should be.  It would be great if we could get some independent
> verification of digium's claims/figures.

Unfortunately it's NOT that simple.  The motherboard and chipset play a big
part in this, as does the network card, the types of codecs you're
transcoding between, the SIP UAs if you're using it, what esle the box is
doing...

Honestly if you're unsure you grab a box you think will work (use some margin
here) and try.  Report back.  It's the only way you'll figure it out.  I (and
most others) can't be arsed to try and cut every corner so you just don't see
the figures, and Digium's figures are for a specific system and setup.  YMMV.

-A.