[Asterisk-Users] Minimum CPU required for 60 calls

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Tue Aug 2 06:34:39 MST 2005

On Tuesday 02 August 2005 06:16, Obelix wrote:
> I am interested in how much CPU and RAM asterisk requires for call
> handling.

I *really* dislike these kinds of questions.

Grab some hardware and try it.  It is the *ONLY* way you will know for sure.
Grab a single processor Pentium 4 or Celeron system and do some testing.  I'm
sure you have one sitting around somewhere you can use for a test, even if
you have to put a different hard drive in it for the test.

Typically speaking, if you have to ask these kinds of questions you are
NOWHERE near the level of competence in Asterisk to try and skimp and save on
the hardware.  That is not meant as an insult, either.  Get it working, THEN
start looking to pinch the pennies.  You will only be disappointed otherwise.

-A.