[Asterisk-Users] Dell SC420 and Interrupts

Joe McConnaughey kenn10 at comcast.net
Tue Aug 2 04:49:47 MST 2005

The SC420 does not support APIC (at least not with current BIOS).  The
Digium TDM400B card seems to always seek the same IRQ so it locks one down.
The clone X100P cards often get a shared IRQ, even if vacant ones are
available.  I've found both the Digium card and the clones very frustrating
with this system.  Thus the reason Digium does not recommend it.  I've gone
to a mostly SIP configuration using Sipura SPA 3000's.

For analog stations, I got an Efficient Networks SB510 (H323 protocol) on
EBay but it doesn't work very well.  Caller ID is incomplete between it and
the Asterisk for inbound and outbound calls.  (No caller-id time transmitted
to phone, only number sent and a default "SB510" for the name on each port.
Inbound calls from the Asterisk to the SB510 just say "Asterisk" and the
extension number.  This unit also does not support caller-id/calls-waiting,
switchook flash or many POTS like features you'd want.  The SPA2000 and
SPA3000 seem to work better than anything else.

Message: 12