[Asterisk-Users] FXO PCI Master abort

Mark Burton mark at helenandmark.org
Tue Aug 2 01:06:20 MST 2005

Hi, I have the following configuration, which doesn't seem to work, any
help much appreciated

Linux 2.6.11 used to run asterisk
CVS version of zaptel
X101P

So far, so easy. However, whenever I turn the machine on with the card
in, I get

FXO PCI Master abort errors.

Depending on the way it feels, either these are repeated till /var/log/
is full, or I get one and then the thing hangs.
This may, or may not, have something to do with a message

Uhhuh. NMI received. Dazed and confused, but trying to continue
You probably have a hardware problem with your RAM chips

I have tried all 4 combinations of
a) stock debian builds of zaptel, and cvs head versions
b) an old pentium 2 machine, and a new (ish) P4 mahcine

In all cases with the same result.

I have also tried the new machine with linux 2.6.8 -- yup -- same
result...
I've mucked with the IRQ's till they dont conflict.. no change...

So, I'm clearly deluded as everybody else seems to have no problem.

Can anybody help - what silly thing have I done?

Cheers

Mark.