[Asterisk-Users] Problem with PSTN

Salina Jain salina_jain at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 30 14:53:13 MST 2005

Hi,

I am a new user of Linux and Asterisk. I bought Digium TDM400P card and now
want to setup my dial plan. With some help from the suggestions given online
I have been able to configure the two SIP phones to interact with each
other.

I want to use this to call on to a Telecom line(PSTN) and vice versa. I read
somewhere that we need to use some provider for it like FWD or iconnect, do
we need to use them to make outgoing and incoming calls to PSTN lines or we
can do it without them. I can post my .conf files if anybody needs them to
help me out with this. I don't know what should I put in the .conf files so
that it enables these calls.

Any amount of help or suggestions would really be appreciated.

Thanx,
Salina