[Asterisk-Users] transfer pstn call to voip line, thus freeing up pstn line

Joseph syscon at interbaun.com
Sat Apr 30 11:05:00 MST 2005

On Sat, 2005-04-30 at 13:23 -0400, Time Bandit wrote:
> > I was wondering if there was a way to have incoming
> > calls to my PSTN line be "transferred" to a voip line?
> >
> > I would like to make it so that as soon as the pstn
> > call is recieved it will switch the call to the voip
> > line, thus freeing up the pstn line to get more calls.
> > Kind of like roaming.
> If you have call transfer on your line, you can do it with somethin like this
> (from the top of my head)
> exten => s,1,Answer()
> exten => s,2,Flash()
> exten => s,3,SendDTMF(${MYVOIPNUM})
> exten => s,4,Hangup()
>
> Basically, you hook-flash the line (giving you a dialtone), compose
> the number where you want the calls to be forwarded, then hangup the
> line. The calling party will be connected to the destination and your
> line will be free

Correct me anybody if I'm wrong; but I think this way he will only free
his internal extension not the PSTN line.
I think the only way of doing this is to order call forward feature form
his PSTN service provider, so when the call comes and his number is busy
it will automatically redirect it to let say DID number over IP (or any
other number).

--
#Joseph