[Asterisk-Users] transfer pstn call to voip line, thus freeing up pstn line

Time Bandit timebandit001 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 10:23:49 MST 2005

> I was wondering if there was a way to have incoming
> calls to my PSTN line be "transferred" to a voip line?
>
> I would like to make it so that as soon as the pstn
> call is recieved it will switch the call to the voip
> line, thus freeing up the pstn line to get more calls.
> Kind of like roaming.
If you have call transfer on your line, you can do it with somethin like this
(from the top of my head)
exten => s,1,Answer()
exten => s,2,Flash()
exten => s,3,SendDTMF(${MYVOIPNUM})
exten => s,4,Hangup()

Basically, you hook-flash the line (giving you a dialtone), compose
the number where you want the calls to be forwarded, then hangup the
line. The calling party will be connected to the destination and your
line will be free

hth