[Asterisk-Users] SER + Asterisk

Deon mr_e_glitch at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 29 22:04:31 MST 2005

I'm working with SER + Asterisk. I was told that to have SER push calls to
multiple Asterisk servers, I can use the LCR Module, I'll just give all
the Asterisk servers the same weight/price, and SER will randomly send
outbound requests to each Asterisk server. It's not truly equally
balanced, so one server could get more calls while the other has spare
resources. So although it does increase the number of simul. outbound
calls that can be made, it still doesn't make me feel good knowing it's
not perfectly load balanced. Can somebody help elaborate? Is there a
better way to get SER to evenly balance between the Asterisk servers?

I wonder if I use Asterisk's ability to limit the number of simult. calls,
if Asterisk gets more than, lets say 300, calls, then it would reject
calls, I wonder if SER would then try sending it to the other Asterisk
server, which may have available channels.