[Asterisk-Users] Can't get incoming calls with IAX trunks (FWD & Teliax)

Patrick Gray, Jr. patgrayjr at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 29 21:03:39 MST 2005

I have Asterisk at Home 0.9 running, and everything seems
to work well EXCEPT incoming calls.

I have an FWD and Teliax trunk (both using IAX), and a
Cisco 7960 SIP phone connected to Asterisk.
Everything tests fine:

-	Can call from softphone to Cisco and vice versa
-	Asterisk inbound simulation works like a champ
-	Voicemail works fine
-	Outbound calls to both trunks works fine

However, when I call into my system on the FWD or
Teliax trunks, nothing happens.  Nothing appears on
the asterisk console so I’m not even sure where to
start.  I’m suspecting network problems, but don’t
know what to look for.  My asterisk box sits on my
LAN, behind an IPCop-based NAT router.  I’ve forwarded
port 4569 UDP and TCP to the asterisk box, but still
no joy.  I’ve googled and checked voip-info, but
everything that mentions NAT as a potential problem
points to IAX as the solution.  Trunk-wise, I’m pure
IAX (only SIP is the 7960, and it’s on the same
network as the asterisk box).

I’m pretty new to asterisk, so if you can dumb down
any debugging advice I’d appreciate it.

Thanks a ton!

Pat