[Asterisk-Users] EuroISDN bearer capability pass thru from (fax) a/b adapter on OctoBRI to TE410P

Bruno.Voigt at ic3s.de Bruno.Voigt at ic3s.de
Fri Apr 29 06:23:55 MST 2005

Hi @all,

I have following hardware setup:

"standalone analog fax-machine" -> "DeTeWe TA33clip a/b adapter" ->
"OctoBRI S0 NT-Mode" -> "Digium TE410P" -> "german PSTN"

Software: Debian unstable binary packages
ii  asterisk                     1.0.7.dfsg.1-2               open source
Private Branch Exchange (PBX)
ii  libpri1                      1.0.7-1                      Primary Rate
ISDN specification library

Problem:
The a/b adapter signals on an outgoing call going into the OctoBRI the
bearer capabilty 3.1khz audio (PRI_TRANS_CAP_3_1K_AUDIO)
but the outbound call initiated to the EuroISDN PSTN via an Digium TE410P
signals
the bearer capability speech (PRI_TRANS_CAP_SPEECH).

The result is that my fax calls are rejected by some ISDN destinations
because of mismatching bearer capabilities.

What can I do to have the bearer capabilites get passed through asterisk
correctly ?

I tried to patch /usr/src/asterisk-1.0.7.dfsg.1/channels/chap_zap.c
(replace  PRI_TRANS_CAP_SPEECH with (PRI_TRANS_CAP_3_1K_AUDIO).

But then I do a make/make install I get an asterisk version without the
BRIstuff compiled in.

So I'm still looking how to corretcly compile the debian source myself
with the BRI stuff in,
as the original binary packages are..
Any hints on this topic are also greatly appreciated.

TIA,
Bruno
--
bruno.voigt  -at- ic3s.de