[Asterisk-Users] first few seconds of call is lost

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Fri Apr 29 06:17:08 MST 2005

> I'm testing this strange behavior using livevoip, teliax, and
> voicepulse connect.  I'm calling our office phone which picks up after
> two rings and plays a greeting.  With livevoip and teliax I hear 3-4
> rings and when the line answers I find myself a few  seconds into the
> initial greeting.  With voicepulse I hear two rings and then hear the
> complete greeting, which is the same as if I call using a pots line.
> Doesn't seem to make a difference whether I use iax or sip.
>
> This has happened consistantly and since day one of using teliax and
> livevoip, while voicepulse has never had this problem.

I'm using:
[bus-ivr-main]
exten => s,1,Wait,1
exten => s,2,Answer
exten => s,3,DigitTimeout,5
exten => s,4,ResponseTimeout,15
exten => s,5,Background(npi-greeting)  ; "Thanks for calling press 1 for"

for both livevoip.com and teliax.com (both with iax), no problems.
If you want to listen to it, call 913-440-0000 and listen for the
number of rings before the ivr audio.

If you're getting something different (using the same sort of config
as above), it might be related to exactly where your did's originate.
(In other words, I'd have to guess that of the many area codes and CO's
that source their did's, some equipment at specific geographical locations
might not be configured exactly the same as other sources. But, that's
purely a guess knowing both companies rely heavily on level-3
infrastructure, and level-3's primary business is not that of a local
exchange carrier.)