[Asterisk-Users] first few seconds of call is lost

snacktime snacktime at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 00:38:04 MST 2005

I'm testing this strange behavior using livevoip, teliax, and
voicepulse connect.  I'm calling our office phone which picks up after
two rings and plays a greeting.  With livevoip and teliax I hear 3-4
rings and when the line answers I find myself a few  seconds into the
initial greeting.  With voicepulse I hear two rings and then hear the
complete greeting, which is the same as if I call using a pots line.
Doesn't seem to make a difference whether I use iax or sip.

This has happened consistantly and since day one of using teliax and
livevoip, while voicepulse has never had this problem.

Chris