[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Hardware Recommendation

Daniel Salama dsalama at user.net
Thu Apr 28 14:55:51 MST 2005

Hi,

I've been reading on the wiki as well as on this list, different
suggestions of what to look for when designing an asterisk server with
a lot of traffic. By "a lot" of traffic, I mean a box with a a TE4XXP,
that will be hit to full capacity (96 simultaneous calls). This box
will also deliver these calls to SIP users and record all their
conversations via Monitor.

I've heard that it's not necessarily a matter of memory (RAM) nor the
need to have a multi-processor machine. But what really matters is that
the motherboard (architecture) is designed to handle such a high amount
of interrupts generated by the TE4XXP, the NIC, the storage array
(whether it's SCSI or IDE or SATA).

Does anyone have experience with particular brands of either
motherboards they recommend are capable to handle this or complete
systems (e.g. Dell xxxx or whichever brands), that are ready for this?

Thanks,
Daniel