[Asterisk-Users] music on hold on R key not working.

Eugenio De Vena edevena at gsy.it
Thu Apr 28 14:38:39 MST 2005

Oh boy I am getting crazy...
I installed an asterisk with J4BRI ( 3 BRI point to point ) , Snom phones
and everything works fine. Where's
the problem? Well I can not get music on hold.. Well really MusicOnHold
works, works on Queue, works on #
transfer , but hell it does not work when I press the Hold Key (R) on
phones. It is not my first installation but
it is the first time I get this problem. It is not a problem of mpg123 as
the thing works in other parts of Asterisk, it
is just a matter of the damned "hold" key.
When I press the "hold" key in a working installation asterisk says "Started
music on hold, class 'default', on...."
but in this installation it gets the "INVITE" messages and the call is
really put on hold, but music does not play.
Another strange thing is that when I call I could not get the ringtone and I
had to state "progressinband" in sip.conf,
but in other installation this was not necessary. The release is Asterisk
1.0.6-BRIstuffed-0.2.0-RC7k
Will someone give me a hint?
Eugenio