[Asterisk-Users] Linksys/Cisco buys Sipura

Guillermo Salas M gsalas at manta.telconet.net
Thu Apr 28 14:55:20 MST 2005

Andres wrote:

>> In 1998 Cisco purchased a company called Summa Four for $116 Million,
>> and left them to die on the vine. It all depends on what they (Cisco )
>> want from the transaction. If Sipura has a part in causing a drop in
>> Cisco revenue due to adoption by the Open source community, then they
>> may well buy the company to shut it down.
>>

> Then Jan Fandrianto will just create a new VoIP adapter company and
> sell it to Cisco in a few years and make a ton of money three times in
> a row. Is this guy smart or what!

*President and CEO: Jan Fandrianto*

    • Over 21 Years of High-Technology Industry Experience
    • Founder and CEO of Komodo Technology, Inc.
    - Acquired by Cisco Systems
    • Founder and CEO of VideoCore Technology, Inc.
    - Acquired by ESS Technology
    • CTO and VP of Engineering at 8x8, Inc. - formerly IIT

http://www.sipura.com/company/leadership.htm